Friday, January 14, 2011

My Secret Life as a Dominatrix

"So, how do you like being a dominatrix?"
"Actually, I like it! Being in control, it’s changed me, it’s made me a more confident person. I used to be so terrified; I would never raise my hand in class even though I was a good student. I couldn’t stand the thought of people looking at me. Anyway, being a dominatrix is really just a branch of psychology."
"Uh... neat."
"It is neat! People tell us things they won’t even tell their shrinks."
"So how did you get into this…. racket?"
"Well, when I got out of college I had a girlfriend, and she was a dominatrix, and I was her submissive, but it was a problem because I always wanted to rebel, so the relationship didn’t last."
"So you’re bisexual?"
"Yes."
"Neat."


This is an excerpt from an off-Broadway play, Trust. I find the beginning remarkably similar to my life. The only difference is I don't really plan on being a dominatrix...but I do paint my toenails black. Who knows? I mean, my dream job is to be a pastry chef, that's not really too far from a dominatrix, is it?

  • Both provide services that people do not necessarily need, but they definitely want
  • Both require uniforms
  • Both give the customer something that might make them moan

Food for thought.


1 comment: