Sunday, January 30, 2011

Something That Might Seem Gross.

I think people wash their clothes too often. Put yourself in a judgement-free zone for a moment... You wear a tshirt one day. A few days later you want to wear it again but it hasn't been washed. You didn't really sweat in it, it's just been worn once. It doesn't smell bad, but you also wore it for a whole day. What would YOU do? I would throw it on! People hold their standards of clean too high. Here are some of my general rules about wearing clothes more than once.


Sweatshirts - Smell it. As long as it smells lovely and fresh, wear it until you spill something on it (I do this often so I've never managed to wear one over a week... for all I know that could be the max)


Shirts - If they're fitted, you should probably only wear it once since its hugging your skin. But if it's a more baggy or loose shirt,and it still smells peachy, why not wear it again? Warning: you may be judged if you wear the same shirt two days in a row . . .


Jeans - Every day for a week. I do laundry once a week. I have two pairs of jeans. Wear a pair every other week, laundry is easy!


Socks - If they're very thick, wear em twice, if they're normal socks, they're probably smelly smelly smelly, so wash them!


Undies - Once time use only. That's all. No substitutions, exchanges or refunds. 


Bras - Honestly, wear it until it smells... unless you decide to sweat buckets one day. Bras stay clean enough. (but wash the sports bras often!)


Pajamas - If you shower in the morning, who really cares? Wear mud caked pjs if that keeps you comfortable. If you shower before you sleep, keep your pjs fresh!


Skirts - These can be worn soooo many times, at least for me. I wear my skirts over either tights or leggings, so they don't really ever touch my skin.


That's pretty much every secret I've ever had..... Stay clean!





Disclaimer: Please don't start smelling me all the time, I promise I'm clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment